[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 7 19:40:30 CET 2011

László Monda <laci <at> monda.hu> writes:

> I've bought a D510MO Mini-ITX mainboard which has an integrated Atom
> D510 CPU running on 1.66GHz.  It has 2 threads per 2 cores.  After
> installing the latest and greatest Ubuntu on it I realized that it's
> not capable of full HD playback which I'm not surprised about given
> the modest performance of this system.

Install a Geforce 8400 PCI card and use mplayer -vc ff*vdpau.

Note that you haven't told us what you mean with "full HD" (could be "1080p60
recorded with my camera") and "not capable" (could be "I use mplayer -vo sdl for
above sample on a 50Hz screen and I get the TOO SLOW message").
One possibility is to add complete, uncut output of mplayer (latest svn, don't
forget to try -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all and -lavdopts
skipframe=nonref:skiploopfilter=all).

Carl Eugen

PS: Both wouldn't work no matter what additional hardware you put on your board.