[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Sat Jan 8 00:11:17 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> László Monda <laci <at> monda.hu> writes:
>
>> My question is whether it's possible to play back full HD on this
>> platform without any glitches when using a powerful graphics card that
>> could accelerate the playback.
>
> Sorry if you found my original answer too obfuscated:
> 1) It might work with mplayer -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all (you should test this)

One sentence:  You... are... the... MAN!  :)

Skipping the loop filter made the playback super smooth.  The quality
difference is barely noticable, only when I watch the screen up close
like an obsessive maniac.

> 2) It certainly works with mplayer -lavdopts skipframe=nonref:skiploopfilter=all
> (but skips every second frame)
> 3) No hardware can decode 1080p60 (but that isn't what you provided anyway)
> 4) Geforce 8400 PCI easily decodes 1080p24 (that is what you provided)

Speaking of VDPAU accelerated playback I'm interested whether it's
worth buying a feature set C card vs. a feature set B card.  Looks
like C has support for MPEG-4 Part 2 (a.k.a MPEG-4 ASP) but I don't
know how popular that codec is or will be.  (I don't wanna buy such a
card now that everything works without it, just interested.)

Thanks a lot!

László Monda <http://monda.hu>