[MPlayer-users] Wrong time on kaffeine's m2t files

Michal Svec rebel at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Jan 8 19:24:01 CET 2011

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Nico Sabbi wrote:

>> if I record something from TV (DVB-T) with kaffeine, mplayer playing the
>> recorded m2t file shows weird times in OSD, like in the 05:30:24/00:00:02
>> right at the start of playing.
>>
>> I have got a hint that the strange number is some kind of a DVB-T stamp,
>> however with stamps for TV recordings being completely arbitrary I would
>> say it would be much better to display a time passed since the beginning of
>> the playing.
>
> as you guessed the time displayed is the time embedded in the video
> stream. Changing those timestamps would require a lot of error-prone
> code to do something of questionable utility.

I would expect that for other streams which don't have the time embedded
mplayer counts the time passed and displays it correctly. Can't we just
use the same mechanism here? It's definitely not of questionable utility,
knowing where in the stream I am (at least without having to subtract
completely random numbers).

Thanks
Michal