[MPlayer-users] Problem HD h264 mpeg-ts detection

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 12:37:53 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>> http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,413.0.html it got triggered
>> by a customer actually, some projects seem to be based on mplayer
>> so it will be difficult to override the channel with -demuxer h264es.
>
> I missed that the format is TS, not raw ES.
> I suspect that a PMT is not found in time and thus MPlayer just assumes it is a MPEG-2 stream. It might be time to change that default, but that's not a good solution.
> I wonder what kind of solution you would like (if you had a free wish here)?
> I mean for existing setups for example making the driver ensure a PMT is around close to the start would help.
> Any other solution would mean having to update MPlayer. Among those solution higher default tsprobe might help, however it might increase channel switching times.

I think the PMT should be fine, there are just 3 HD channels within
that transponder. Additionally there are some testtransponders in our
cable network which dynamically change the PIDs of the corresponding
video and audio stream (so the master reference for DVB should be PMT
instead of audio, video PIDs). VDR can handle this, MythTV maybe too,
other applications very likely can't.

thanks,
Markus