[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen only if 1080p

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 18:20:21 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a new monitor which has a resolution of 1920x1080.  How do I tell
mplayer to play any 1080p video in fullscreen mode?  I know I could
place "fs=yes" on my mplayer.conf but that would open all videos in
fullscreen mode.

Right now I just hit "f" to enter fullscreen mode but I have to do this
every time I play any 1080p because otherwise it opens it within the
window-manager border and it looks obviously distorted.   If the source
has the same resolution as the monitor it should always play it
fullscreen.  Is there any workaround this?  I couldn't find anything
relevant on the man page.

Thanks,
Jorge