[MPlayer-users] OT maybe, Struggling to conactenate MP4 files

Nick Batt nick at sonicstate.com
Wed Jan 26 23:12:56 CET 2011

Thanks to Tom for pointing me in the right direction piping the two files
and then rencoding them, this works fine, though the resulting file
 somewhat large and the MP4 is perian codec.

ffmpeg -f u16le -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ar 48000 -i all.a \
>        -f yuv4mpegpipe -i all.v \
>        -sameq -y /opt/enctest/ffoutput.mp4
>
> I need to get it as H264 at around 900kbps all in with 48k audio SR

> So I tried this,

   ffmpeg -f u16le -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ar 48000 -i all.a \

       -f yuv4mpegpipe -i all.v \
       -vcodec libx264 -vpre normal -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 128k -y
/opt/menctest/ffoutput.mp4

 but resulting file gives me an incorrect sample header in QuickTime when I
try to play it.