[MPlayer-users] mplayer from FreeBSD ports fails to build/compile

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Sat Jul 30 14:28:54 CEST 2011

Raimund Steger wrote:
> [...]
> My FreeBSD box is x86 though, so it doesn't compare directly...

I just tried the mplayer-1.0rc20110329_2 port on my x86 FreeBSD 8.2 box
and the build works for me.

I do however notice that on my box, sub/subassconvert.o gets linked into
the executable which seems to be missing from your output.

I also notice that the most recent update of the port was related to libass:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/mplayer/Makefile?rev=1.207

If you execute 'make config' in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer and tweak
the 'ASS' flag, followed by 'make', does the build produce better results?

(You could also to switch to a binary, but this will be an older version
and will just postpone the problem: 'pkg_add -r mplayer')

Or maybe the port maintainer (Thomas Zander) could comment on this if
he's reading this?

Raimund