[MPlayer-users] mplayer from FreeBSD ports fails to build/compile

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 16:05:14 CEST 2011

> I'm cutting most of this, since you are now trying to install from
> svn. Here is my configure line for FreeBSD 8.2 amd64:
>
> ./configure \
>   --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
> -DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS" \
>   --extra-libs="-L/usr/local/lib" \
>   --with-freetype-config=/usr/local/bin/freetype-config \
>   --with-dvdnav-config=/usr/local/bin/dvdnav-config \
>   --with-dvdread-config=/usr/local/bin/dvdread-config \
>   --prefix=/usr/local \
>   --mandir=/usr/local/man \
>   --target=amd64-srcbld-freebsd8.2
>
> Use gmake to build. The BROKEN_RELOCATIONS should fix the assembler errors.

I tried these options

Config files successfully generated by ./configure --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
-DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS --extra-libs=-L/usr/local/lib --with-freetype-config=/usr/local/bin/freetype-config --with-dvdnav-config=/usr/local/bin/dvdnav-config --with-dvdread-config=/usr/local/bin/dvdread-config --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --target=amd64-srcbld-freebsd8.2 !

  Install prefix: /usr/local
  Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
  Config direct.: /usr/local/etc/mplayer

  Byte order: little-endian
  Optimizing for: native

  Languages:
    Messages/GUI: en
    Manual pages: en
    Documentation: en

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: dvdnav ftp tv librtmp live555 cddb cdda dvb networking
    Codecs: libvpx libschroedinger x264 xvid libdv ffmpeg(internal) xanim faad2 libdca libmpeg2(internal) liba52 mp3lib(internal) libtheora speex tremor(internal) twolame libmad liblzo gif OpenJPEG
    Audio output: oss sdl mpegpes(dvb)
    Video output: matrixview opengl sdl gif89a pnm jpeg mng mpegpes(dvb) svga caca aa dga vdpau xv x11 xover yuv4mpeg md5sum tga

  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream pvr radio tv-v4l2 tv-v4l1 tv-dshow nemesi libdvdcss(internal) dvdread bluray vcd smb
    Codecs: libdirac crystalhd libopencore_amrwb libopencore_amrnb qtx real win32 faac musepack mpg123 libgsm toolame
    Audio output: sun alsa openal jack pulse nas esd arts v4l2 ivtv dxr2
    Video output: zr zr2 v4l2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 vesa fbdev ggi xvidix winvidix cvidix 3dfx xmga xvmc directfb dfbmga bl xvr100 tdfx_vid wii s3fb tdfxfb mga

'config.h' and 'config.mak' contain your configuration options.
Note: If you alter theses files (for instance CFLAGS) MPlayer may no longer
      compile *** DO NOT REPORT BUGS if you tweak these files ***

'make' will now compile MPlayer and 'make install' will install it.
Note: On non-Linux systems you might need to use 'gmake' instead of 'make'.

Please check mtrr settings at /proc/mtrr (see DOCS/HTML/en/video.html#mtrr)

NOTE: Win32 codec DLLs are not supported on your CPU (amd64) or your
operating system (srcbld). You may encounter a few files that cannot
be played due to missing open source video/audio codec support.

Check config.log if you wonder why an autodetection failed (make sure
development headers/packages are installed).

NOTE: The --enable-* parameters unconditionally force options on, completely
skipping autodetection. This behavior is unlike what you may be used to from
autoconf-based configure scripts that can decide to override you. This greater
level of control comes at a price. You may have to provide the correct compiler
and linker flags yourself.
If you used one of these options (except --enable-menu and similar ones that
turn on internal features) and experience a compilation or linking failure,
make sure you have passed the necessary compiler/linker flags to configure.

If you suspect a bug, please read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html.

 and then when I run gmake I get:

config.mak:7: *** missing separator.  Stop.

But need not worry.  I got the ports version to work.  In case I build mplayer from source again in FreeBSD, I will keep this in as a reference.

Regards,

Antonio