[MPlayer-users] Sequential videos

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 05:29:49 CEST 2011

--- On Fri, 6/17/11, Used For Web Lists <f40lms at hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Used For Web Lists <f40lms at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [MPlayer-users] Sequential videos
> To: "mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu" <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
> Date: Friday, June 17, 2011, 6:06 AM
> Hello,
>
>        Is there anyway to
> automatically play sequential videos on Mplayer?

Yes, there is a way to do it.  This is what I do in my case, it might help you with it.  Say I have a group of files scene1.avi, scene2.avi, ...., scene20.avi.  I run a find command from the shell
$ find ~/directorywherethefilesareat -iname "*.avi" > .avis-to-be-played
for sequential order I run a sort
$ sort .avis-to-be-played > .playtheavis-sorted
then run
$ mplayer -playlist .playtheavis-sorted
and it would play the titles sequentially.  I add -fs for fullscreen and -stop-xscreensaver also to prevent screen blanking/screensaver to kick in when playing the files.

> Also, what
> about looping through videos?

For this you could use something like -loop X where X is a number specifying how many times you want to loop
$ mplayer -playlist .videofiles -loop 10
will play the files looping through them 10 times.

> I would like to keep playing
> family videos randomly, continuosly, it would be great if I
> could launch this from the shell.

use the -shuffle command to randomly play files
$ mplayer -shuffle -playlist .video-files

with other options that you want/need.

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards,

Antonio