[MPlayer-users] Wolfman Blu-ray

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Jun 24 02:27:12 CEST 2011

On 06/24/2011 02:20 AM, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> Thanks to a recent development, I now have a Volume Unique Key for the
> BD of the Remake of the Wolfman (European Edition, sold in the UK,
> Germany, Italy, France, ...)
>
> This BD has two versions of the film, one running 118min, one 102
> minutes. The longer version (so-called 'extended' edition) features the
> Universal logo of the 1930s, instead of the new Universal logo in use
> since 1997, but:
>
> While I can play title 88 (the 102 minute version) without problem,
> playing title 87 (the 118 minute version) has correct audio, but the
> image remains black and is 720x480 instead of 1920x1080.
>
> Perhaps I should try a different decoder? Which

Ok, upon reading my posting, I saw that different PIDs for the video
stream are used. When I used vid 4113 (the one that is detected with
title 88), then I see the correct old Universal logo instead of the
black NTSC-sized screen.

This means, that there either are multiple streams stored (because if I
specify 4112, no video at all is visible, and at 6912 a video is
visible), but mplayer selects the wrong one...
How does mplayer select (does it use the first it encounters?) and do
you still need the sample to examinate how to address this issue?

--
Cheers,
Alex