[MPlayer-users] Bug: Poor quality decoding of ac3 audio

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Wed Mar 2 19:42:33 CET 2011

On 11-03-02 02:48 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I would guess that the audio is maybe badly mixed and this causes
> clipping.
> -af volume would probably fix it (maybe it needs some additional filters like
> -af volume,format=floatne).

Unfortunately, that did not work (assuming you mean floatle).  However,
on further testing, the noise is introduced by the a52 downmixing.

If I output to wav with -channels 6, the audio sounds clean.  I can then
downmix that wav file with mplayer to 2 channels without trouble.

However, downmixing the ac3 directly from mplayer still produces the
glitch.  I'll see if I can find a better sound sample, since it seems
it's hard to hear in the one I provided.