[MPlayer-users] I have successfully got passthrough of 7.1ch DTS-HD MA and 5.1 TrueHD using aplay working, how long till I can get it from mplayer?

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:16:03 CET 2011

It was awesome since not even my fat PS3 can passthrough HD audio
(only the slims can) so it was the first time I saw my receiver
actually report DTS-HD MA or TrueHD instead of linear PCM.

My question is since these where pre-filtered samples using ffmpeg how
long till I can get the audio working using mplayer for normal movie
watching?

A side question would be how can I make my own files to try (I have
MakeMKV decrypted Blu-Ray backups to get the audio from) All my Google
searching gives is the same pre-made .spdif files and not a ffmpeg
command to make them.

If anyone wants to try this here are the samples I used
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/mediatest/audiotest/HDAUDIO/Passthrough/

aplay -D hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3,AES0=6 -c8 -fs16_le -r192000
testi.dtshd.anssi1.ma-71-24.spdif

Note for anyone that saw this on the net that I had to modify it a bit
to work. The original AES=0x06 didn't work for me but AES0=6 did.