[MPlayer-users] fbdev output on rgb15 framebuffer display?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 14 18:31:18 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 01:04:00PM +0100, Alexander Stein wrote:
> I'm struggling with the problem the video output on framebuffer is always
> BGR5. But my display has RGB15 video format. Here's the output from
> mplayer-1.0-rc4:
> > VO: [fbdev] 320x240 => 320x240 BGR 15-bit
> After searching through the code a bit, it seems fbdev doesn't support non-BGR
> displays at all. Is this intended?

Yes, I have never ever seen a fbdev device requiring or even supporting
RGB.
Without anything to test it on there's little point in it.
Correction: I think I had such a device once, however its driver
claimed it to be BGR, which meant supporting it would break all
devices that currently work, so I decided to forget about it.

> Oh, I didn't check fbdev2 as I need -geometry support which afaik fbdev
> doesn't have.

I don't think there is real difference there.

> Has somebody an idea how to solve this problem?

I'd suggest starting with describing what the problem is.
And that is things that are certain, not your guesses.
mplayer -v output would be a good idea as well.