[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Mon Mar 14 18:35:23 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:37 AM, László Monda <laci at monda.hu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>> László Monda <laci <at> monda.hu> writes:
>>
>>> I was able to find a used GeForce 8400 GS which I haven't bought yet.
>>> PCI cards are very rare in these days and I wasn't able to find
>>> anything else.  Turns out that this is a 64 bit card and I have a 32
>>> bit PCI slot.
>>
>> It works fine in my PIII-500. The only thing you need is a SSE-capable CPU.
>
> I didn't know about needing SSE but it's certainly not a problem for
> me as this CPU supports both SSE and SSE2 according to /proc/cpuinfo.
>
>> (There also is a 9400GS - didn't I already explain all this in detail when we
>> discussed the advantages and disadvantages of feature set A/B? Sorry if not.)
>
> It seems almost impossible for me to get PCI (not Express) graphics
> cards nowadays.  I was lucky enough to find this 8400 GS which I'm
> about to buy.
>
>> Please do not top-post, it is considered rude here, Carl Eugen
>
> Sorry, I wasn't aware about that.

I was able to buy the GeForce 8400 GS PCI card in the meantime and the
playback is super smooth since then with VPDAU.

I certainly wouldn't advise to anyone buying a D510MO board for HTPC
purposes because it's really hard to get an appropriate video card
nowadays.  An ION based Mini-ITX board is far better for such a
purpose.

Thanks to everyone here for showing me the way, I couldn't wish for a
better HTPC.

--
László Monda <http://monda.hu>