[MPlayer-users] Mplayer doesn't play RTSP stream anymore...

andrea sarkiaponius at alice.it
Wed Mar 16 09:10:49 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 08:37 +0100, Oliver Seitz wrote:
> > So, it seems that you all can play those streames without any problem.
>
> No. Noone tried with your MPlayer version, as you did not say which
> version you are using.

Sorry,

my mplayer is SVN-r31918, currently installed by default on Debian
Squeeze from the Debian Multimedia repository.

But I also compiled the version of March 14, with exactly the same
results.

> Downloading the stream indeed works, but neither direct streaming nor
> the downloaded file plays, using all default settings. -demuxer ogg
> seems to help, though.

This I can't understand: what does it mean -demuxer ogg? I tried with
this option too, with no changes.

Also, someone said that he could listen to the stream, he even said it
was a little boring because he doesn't speak italian.

Best regards.