[MPlayer-users] How the mplayer preview H264 camera stream?

MartinTsai martin.tsai at alcormicro.com
Thu Mar 17 09:51:15 CET 2011

Sorry about that, I have send this article to "mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu", and
I got the reply that I should ask on mplayer-users.

The following is the reply

you are on the wrong list, you should ask on mplayer-users.
you need to paste all mplayer output too.
possibly try adding -vc +ffh264

maybe our v4l does not have h264 support, i havent looked at it...

also did you try just mplayer /dev/video0 ? what video camera name? is
it firewire camera?

-compn