[MPlayer-users] RTP streaming and cache problem

Tibor S tibsi1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:10:40 CET 2011

Hello,

I have noticed cache_fill function (in stream/cache2.c file) was changed.
It called stream_read function to read stream. Now it calls
stream_read_internal
function which causes some problems to me when playing RTP streams.

When I start RTP streaming it works fine for several seconds, then
"RTP buffer invalid; no data return from network" message appears.

This message is generated by read_rtp_from_server function in stream/rtp.c
file when requested buffer length is less than STREAM_BUFFER_SIZE
(in my case it is 2048).

When I replaced calling of the stream_read_internal function by stream_read
one
and then recompiled the mplayer, RTP streaming works fine.

I tried subversion snapshot 2011-03-22 and source snapshot 2011-03-24.
Both have the same problem with caching of RTP streams.

Command line I used for RTP streaming:
mplayer rtp://@x.x.x.x:xxxx -vo vdpau:deint=3 -ao alsa -cache 4096

Are there some options which I should use for RTP streaming?
Or it is a bug in the chache?

Thanks.