[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and the missing ffmpeg

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 22:39:41 CEST 2011

On 03/27/2011 03:20 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2011, at 20:57, sean darcy<seandarcy2 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Since ffmpeg is no longer hosted at mplayer, an svn of mplayer doesn't retrieve ffmpeg. And without ffmpeg, mplayer doesn't build.
>>
>> So do we get ffmpeg from the git repo, and copy it under mplayer? Anyone have a script for this?
>
> Just follow the instructions configure gives. In case something went wrong just delete the ffmpeg/ subdirectory and configure will take care of it.

I did get todays svn to build, or at least to begin to build, by copying
ffmpeg from git to the mplayer source tree.

But if I run configure without ffmpeg in the source tree, it doesn't
give any instructions or otherwise take care of it.

sean

[video at sixcore mplayer-test]$ ./configure
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavcodec/allcodecs.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavcodec/allcodecs.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavcodec/allcodecs.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavcodec/allcodecs.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavcodec/allcodecs.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavformat/allformats.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavformat/allformats.c: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ffmpeg/libavformat/allformats.c: No such file or directory
Checking for cc version ... 4.5.1
Detected operating system: Linux
Checking for RTMPDump Streaming Media library ... yes
Checking for FFmpeg ...
Error: MPlayer will not compile without libavutil in the source tree.