[MPlayer-users] Problems with UDFFindFile

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 00:02:52 CEST 2011

On 27 Mar 2011, at 23:25, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
> If I burn it to disc (I am using a dual layer 8.5 GB, since it is a
> large film), libdvdnav appears to choke and I can't seem to play it back
> off of the disc
>
>   $ mplayer -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://2
>   MPlayer SVN-r33094-4.4.5 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
>
>   Playing dvd://2.
>   libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
>   libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
>   libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
>   libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.BU.
>   Can't open VMG info!
>   No stream found to handle url dvd://2
>
>   Exiting... (End of file)
>
> It's very strange because the disc is mounted as a regular iso9660
> filesystem.

Most likely that's not strange but the problem. DVDs need to have a UDF filesystem, and you probably burned it only with iso9660.
And mounting it is pointless. Well, unless maybe if you give the actual path instead of the device name to -dvd-device, though I think that won't actually make a difference.