[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and the missing ffmpeg

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:10:33 CEST 2011

On 03/27/2011 05:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> I did get todays svn to build, or at least to begin to build, by
>>> copying ffmpeg from git to the mplayer source tree.
>
> Don't do that, configure does it automatically for you.
>
>>> But if I run configure without ffmpeg in the source tree, it doesn't
>>>   give any instructions or otherwise take care of it.
>>
>> Not configure, *svn co* will do.
>
> No.
>
> svn checkout will only checkout MPlayer (but not FFmpeg which is needed to build
> MPlayer).
> Running configure in a fresh MPlayer checkout will offer you to pull a (new)
> copy of FFmpeg:
>
> $ svn co svn://mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
>
> $ cd mplayer
> $ ./configure
> No FFmpeg checkout, press enter to download one with git or CTRL+C to abort
>
> (Now press enter to download FFmpeg, you will need git installed.)
> On each subsequent call to configure FFmpeg will be updated.
>
> Carl Eugen

For the original post, I had done svn update, but configure had not
dealt with ffmpeg.

I just did a whole new checkout, and that worked. Odd. I guess for some
reason svn hadn't updated configure.

And I"m using an rpm spec file to build, so the clean source tree is
copied to a build directory for each build.

sean