[MPlayer-users] Cannot play SBTVD (ISDB-Tb) stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu May 26 18:44:52 CEST 2011

Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello <marcosfrm <at> gmail.com> writes:

> $ mplayer dvb://
> MPlayer SVN-r33485-4.5.2 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
> mplayer: could not connect to socket
> mplayer: No such file or directory
> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
>
> Playing dvb://.
> dvb_tune Freq: 515142857
> TS file format detected.
> VIDEO MPEG2(pid=273) AUDIO MPA(pid=274) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 0
> ---
>
> The best I could get was stuttering video with no audio using
> "-demuxer lavf". The signal is good, because VLC plays fine.

Please add at least complete, uncut output for both -demuxer mpegts and -demuxer
lavf. If stuttering really is the problem, try -cache 10000

If szap works, try to produce a recording with cat (or gnutv) and try to play
that with mplayer, it will show you if dvb or the stream is the source of your
problem.

Carl Eugen