[MPlayer-users] compile MPlayer using VC++2005/2008

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun May 29 11:37:02 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 11:08:44PM +0800, explorer wrote:
> Hi, Everyone,
>      Do anybody know whether can MPlayer be converted to compile with
> VC2005/2008? Can you share me some information about it?

Sure it "can", if you want to spend weeks to convert it to C89 and even
more time to do the same with FFmpeg and in the process lose a lot of
assembly optimizations.
But since Microsoft has 0 interest in C and only really does C++,
using VC to compile C applications is rather silly/a dead-end, particularly
when it requires extensive changes to the code-base as for MPlayer.