[MPlayer-users] ERROR: mencoder may not support libx264.so

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Nov 4 15:33:00 CET 2011

Le quartidi 14 brumaire, an CCXX, mplayer-users at lists.boehmi.net a écrit :
> ldd /usr/bin/mencoder | grep -i libxx264.....
> which returns nothing. Does that mean that x264 support is not compiled in?

That probably means you should be more careful when typing a command: x264
takes only one x.

> I'm using the packaged version from the MOTU media team
> https://launchpad.net/~motumedia

Any packaged version comes with its own set of problems. Unless you are
lucky and someone who uses exactly the same version reads your mail, do not
expect support for anything else than a fresh compile from a recent
checkout.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George