[MPlayer-users] Framedrop problem with VDPAU DI

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:46:51 CET 2011

I've upgraded to the latest Ubuntu and now, the same points in these
recordings that cause permanent frame dropping on Ubuntu 10.04, will
now either drop a few frames and carry on perfectly in sync (great) or
will crash mplayer completely.

This is with the stock Ubuntu 11.10 mplayer. If I upgrade to the daily
ppa, then bizarrely this mplayer behaves the same way it did on 10.04
and drops frames permanently (until you seek).

I'm trying to upload a sample mpg/txt but no joy, any ideas

dom at mythbox:~$ ftp upload.mplayerhq.hu
Connected to jones.via.ecp.fr.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
220-Local time is now 18:45. Server port: 21.
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (upload.mplayerhq.hu:dom): anonymous
230 Anonymous user logged in
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> put /myth/thecapsaicinkid.mpg ./thecapsaicinkid.mpg
200 PORT command successful
553-Can't open that file: Permission denied
553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directory
ftp>