[MPlayer-users] Building debian packages (Was: r34314 debian/rules wants configure DOCS/xml)

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Nov 13 17:41:24 CET 2011

On 06.11.11 19:48, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>after todays checkout, I can't run debian/configure because:
>
>cd DOCS/xml && ./configure
>/bin/sh: ./configure: not found
>
>according to svn log, the  DOCS/xml/xml.mak was merged into
>config.mak. While I can comment out the line, it won't help much:
>
>/usr/bin/make -C DOCS/xml html-chunked
>make[2]: Entering directory `/home/uhlar/src/debian/mplayer/mplayer-checkout/DOCS/xml'
>./configure
>make[2]: ./configure: Command not found
>
>even commenting these didn't help.
>Could someone check?

Seems that change in building HTML docs affected building debian
packages:

###### build-indep
DOCS/HTML/en/index.html: debian/mplayer/usr/bin/mplayer
... comment out following line:
         #sh debian/all-lang-config-mak.sh > config.mak
         #$(MAKE) -C DOCS/xml html-chunked
... remove this: ^^^^^^^^^^^
         $(MAKE) html-chunked

This also makes debian/all-lang-config-mak.sh look unnecessary.

Also, making HTML documentation requires running ./configure first,
which it didn't before.
Since mplayer is to be configured two times - with and without GUI, the
configure is not a separate step, which means that we'll run ./configure
once for HTML docs or we create them after either versions of mplayer
were created.

well, the Debian build script needs much of tuning now.
"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]