[MPlayer-users] Video stream is mandatory! recording from dvb device

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 18 18:27:37 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 09:05:20AM -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > If mplayer dvb://120 (or mplayer stream.dump after above) does not show video,
> > your problem is likely that PMT is missing from channels.conf.
>
> Channel "120" in my channels.conf.atsc is:
>
> 120:585000000:QAM_256:0:5842:11

I have no idea how ATSC is supposed to work, but MPlayer at the very
least seems to ignore the last number (11), whatever that stands for.
You might try changing 5842 to 5842+11 to test.
Generally I actually use 8192 to test, that will get all data on
that transponder, at least with DVB-T (as a positive side effect
it also allows very fast channel switching for programs on the same transponder).