[MPlayer-users] Color problems with video

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Mon Nov 21 19:05:22 CET 2011

On 11/21/11 3:45 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Deron Kazmaier<deron<at>  pagestream.org>  writes:
>
>> I don't know. Did you scale/pad to 1280x720 in your test? If so, then it
>> must be.
>>
>> The decklink requires IMGFMT_UYVY (or less so IMGFMT_BGRA).
> You can use -vf scale=1280:720,format=uyvy or -vf scale=1280:720,format=bgra to
> force these colourspace conversions.
>
> I just realized that there is no decklink driver in MPlayer, so you should ask
> whoever gave it to you for help.
>
> Carl Eugen

Well, I made mplayer output bgra using:

mplayer -quiet "/work/paid VERSA CUT (997.0092) Ardman [NARROW].mp4" -vo
decklink -ao decklink -lavdopts threads=8 -vf
scale=-3:720,expand=1280:720,format=bgra -af volume=-12

And it outputs the video correctly. At this point I'm pretty sure this
is a bug in decoding the video to uyvy, and not in the (beta) decklink
driver.

The driver itself was written several years ago, but never accepted. I
resurrected it and made a few minor improvements (mostly in supporting
fps and some weak improvements to configure script).

So what can I do to confirm that this is a bug? Obviously if everyone is
outputting to an rgb device they are not going to see the problem.

Deron