[MPlayer-users] Playing trouble with multi-tuner dvb card

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Nov 21 19:53:58 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 01:25:13AM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> I think that writing udev rules is behind the capabilities of many
> users. So, are you aware of this issue? and do you have any plan in
> order to solve this into mplayer?

The short and honest answer: The DVB maintainer has no time for
MPlayer development, I have only little time and my only DVB device
(DVB-T stick) seems is broken.
So the honest truth unfortunately is that it is unlikely someone will fix it I am afraid.
While the basic idea of fixing it by changing the syntax to
use e.g.
dvb://2:3@
to mean adapter2/frontend3 is simple enough, making sure everything
still works seems quite tricky and few people have a crazy enough
setup to actually be able to test it...
If you or someone else feel up to do a bit of "simple" C programming I'd
be willing to help you getting it implemented.

Reimar