[MPlayer-users] Playing trouble with multi-tuner dvb card

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Tue Nov 22 19:46:51 CET 2011

Le Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:53:58 +0100,
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> a écrit :

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 01:25:13AM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> > I think that writing udev rules is behind the capabilities of many
> > users. So, are you aware of this issue? and do you have any plan in
> > order to solve this into mplayer?
>
> The short and honest answer: The DVB maintainer has no time for
> MPlayer development, I have only little time and my only DVB device
> (DVB-T stick) seems is broken.
> So the honest truth unfortunately is that it is unlikely someone will
> fix it I am afraid. While the basic idea of fixing it by changing the
> syntax to use e.g.
> dvb://2:3@
> to mean adapter2/frontend3 is simple enough, making sure everything
> still works seems quite tricky and few people have a crazy enough
> setup to actually be able to test it...
> If you or someone else feel up to do a bit of "simple" C programming
> I'd be willing to help you getting it implemented.

Hi Reimar,

I can try. But you must know that C is not my cup of tee, even if I do
understand many of the base concepts of programming. My bigger
difficulty with C is its syntax, I find it very confusing, certainly
because I never get the time to seriously look at it. Otherwise, I have
basic skills on Motorola assembler (even on dsp56k, a very amazing
baby), basic and bash.

I am also willing to learn the C, but as I said, I never was able to
find enough time to seriously do that. If it is a matter of
"simple" C programming, I can give it a try, but I cannot promise
anything.

So, how do you want to process? We can do that on this list or you can
contact me directly.

> Reimar

"We have the heroes we deserve."