[MPlayer-users] Color problems with video

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Wed Nov 23 16:12:43 CET 2011

On 11/22/11 12:08 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 06:16:24PM -0700, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
>> testing further, I found out that it is a strange mix of scale and
>> expand that causes this.
> Actually it is just expand.
> The way expand works it can't handle one-plane YUV formats where
> the x offset to center them would be odd.
> Reproducible with any file if you use something like this:
> -vf expand=500:0:1,format=uyvy,scale
> (500 must be replaced with some value>  video width).

I take it from the way you wrote your reply that the problem is known
and won't be fixed. If so, could an error message be output when this
occurs? I only stumbled onto this because I used scale -3:720 which gave
me the odd width. Could that be changed to always give even results?

Thanks for the explanation!

Deron