[MPlayer-users] Problem: some videos freeze, other very similar videos do not--difference might be just in resolution (pixels)--how to convert?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:37:04 CEST 2011

On Monday 17 October 2011 07:03:52 pm Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
> > (the smaller one doesn't tell its real frame-rate, if it is
> > very near your screen refresh rate, that might be the reason for the
> > problems you see)
>
> If the frame-rate is really your problem, mplayer -lavdopts
> skipframe=nonref should fix it (I don't think it is significantly worse
> than re-encoding with a lower frame rate).

Just for the record, I tried this option, and then some variations on it, and
none of them got the particular video to play (I mean, still the same frozen
on the first frame problem).

One of the variations I tried was (blindly) substituting some numbers like 1
and 2 in place of nonref (but I did try nonref first).  I found the
variations somewhere on the web--if I find the link, I'll post it.

Randy Kramer