[MPlayer-users] Problem: some videos freeze, other very similar videos do not--difference might be just in?resolution (pixels)--how to convert?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 00:55:52 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 18 October 2011 12:57:12 pm houghi wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 08:31:53AM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > If anyone thinks it would be of benefit, I can send a copy of one or more
> > of the problematic videos in case somebody wants to dig into why I had
> > the problem.
>
> Do you have the ability to host them somewhere? (as long as there are no
> copyright issues). If not, I will be able to host them on a site so others
> can get to them and you only need to send/upload them once.
>
> houghi

At Carl's suggestion (off list, iirc), I uploaded the videos to
datafilehost.com

Note: I was very wrong about the lengths of the videos--although both play for
about the same amount of time, the problematic video is much shorter--10 MB
vs. 23 MB.  Maybe the problem is that the problematic video uses some sort of
compression (or compressed format)?

   * video 1 (a problem video):
[[http://www.datafilehost.com/download-c17f0948.html]]
   * video 2 (a non-problem video):
[[http://www.datafilehost.com/download-80f0528e.html]]

Carl looked at the problematic one and advised that I should not have a
problem on my system.  I have "solved" the problem by converting the problem
videos to .avi format using a command from Carl (probably also off list).

But I'm still interested if anyone does see a reason the problematic video
should be harder to decode (i.e., play) than the other.

There might be some copyright issues, so I will delete the files in a week or
so.

Randy Kramer