[MPlayer-users] Disable filters?

Neal Krawetz mplayer at hackerfactor.com
Thu Oct 20 23:52:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

Is there a way to tell mplayer to disable ALL post-processing video filters?

Right now, I'm seeing a brightness correction that -- while visually minor --
is undesirable.  I've tried options like
  mplayer -vf screenshot,pp=al:n:y  video.avi
with no difference in the output.

I'm seeing this brightness correction in avi, rmvb, flv, and every other
file format that I throw at it.  I don't think it's a codec-specific issue.
Also, if I leave off "-vf screenshot" and use the desktop screen capture,
then I still see the effects of the brightness correction.  (So the problem
isn't in screenshot.)

What I want to see are the actual colors stored in the video and not after
color scaling or post-processing.

FFmpeg appears to render the unmodified colors, but taking screenshots at
specific frames/times isn't easy.  For my needs, Mplayer is easier to sync
the location, but it appears to modify the colors.

I'm using the default mplayer with Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx):
  MPlayer SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
and ffmpeg reports:
  FFmpeg version SVN-r0.5.1-4:0.5.1-1ubuntu1
  libavutil     49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
  libavcodec    52.20. 1 / 52.20. 1
  libavformat   52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0