[MPlayer-users] mingw -Liconv missing?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Oct 24 18:27:09 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:20:44AM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> Hello all.
> Ran into this a few times, thought I'd mention it:
> in mingw, running this:
>
> $  ./configure  --yasm='' --enable-iconv --enable-freetype
> --enable-static --enable-debug && make
>
> results in this error message at link time:
> c:\dev\ruby\downloads\mplayer/mp_msg.c:69: undefined reference to `libiconv'
>
> One can work around it by adding -liconv to EXTRALIBS in config.mak,
> but thought I'd point it out.

If -liconv is not there that is because the configure check found out it
is not needed.

> c:\dev\ruby\downloads\mplayer/mp_msg.c:69: undefined reference to `libiconv'
> c:\dev\ruby\downloads\mplayer/mp_msg.c:62: undefined reference to
> `libiconv_open'

There is no libiconv or libiconv_open in that file, only iconv and
iconv_open.
Something on your systems does some horrible hacks, and for some reason
only for the actual build and not when configure compiles the test
program.