[MPlayer-users] Framedrop problem with VDPAU DI

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 23:39:56 CEST 2011

On 10/24/2011 08:18 AM, Dom H wrote:
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
> gpu G210 + driver 285.05.09
> mplayer from daily snapshot ppa
> powermizer to max perf
> compositing disabled
>

> Playing back a BBC HD recording, if I set deint to 2 or 3 something
> odd happens (deint=4 causes framedropping straight away as expected)
> The video will play back smoothly

[snip]
> this 3-4 times over a 45min program. If the gpu can't handle deint=2/3
> then I wouldn't expect seeking to fix the issue. Basically as soon as
> 1 frame is dropped, things spiral out of control, like some sort of
> memory leak.
>

> mplayer config
>
> [default]
> # Write your default config options here!
>
> fs=yes
> demuxer=lavf
> vo=vdpau:deint=3

For my own edification, may I ask *why* you need to deinterlace?

> vc=ffmpeg12vdpau,ffh264vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,
> vfm=ffmpeg,
>
> ao=pulse
> ac=fftruehd,ffdca,ffeac3,ffac3,fflpcm,
> afm=ffmpeg,
> alang=English,eng,en
> slang=English,eng,en
> forcedsubsonly=yes
> channels=6
> af=surround=25,pan=6:1:0:<snip>:0:1,delay=0:0:5.5:5.5:0:0
> a52drc=1
> autosync=1
>
> cache=8000
> cache-min=20.0
> cache-seek-min=50
> nolirc=yes
> nojoystick=yes

Also for my own edification, why do you need explicit settings for vfm,
ao, afm, a52drc, autosync and cache* ?  "ao", or example is already
defined in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf.

My kids' PC has an 8400GS and was 10.04LTS for quite a while and all
video that I ever tried video Just Worked with the last line of
/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf changed to "include =
/etc/mplayer/site.specific" and that file being just:
   vo=vdpau,xv,
   vc=ffmpeg12vdpau,ffh264vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,

(I'm going to add nolirc and nojoystick, though.)

--
Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification