[MPlayer-users] Good place to start?

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Thu Sep 8 18:23:24 CEST 2011

Ok, this task seems to be a bit more complicated than I would expect.
Running Ubuntu 11.04 64bit and I would like to play Apple ProRes encoded
files to a Blackmagic Decklink device. I saw that someone had created a
Decklink driver for mplayer, and that at least at one time 32bit mplayer
supported ProRes. So the parts exist in one way or another.

However, I saw a comment online where someone was using 64bit mplayer
and prores? Now that Apple has release 64bit versions of QuickTime, and
presumably codec, is that possible? If not and I must use a 32bit
version of Mplayer, can someone point me to the proper build
instructions (or best hints) at doing so? I can't use prebuilt binaries
since I must also compile in the Decklink drivers, near as I can tell.

Just new to mplayer, and need a leg up. Thanks!

Deron