[MPlayer-users] udp multicast quick start

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:10:24 CEST 2011

Sounds to me that it is having trouble finding the PAT and PMT.
What created the ts file?
There are programs that ensure that the first thing in the file is the PAT
and PMT so that playing starts quickly.
For example, all mythtv files are stored that way.
On Sep 3, 2011 11:19 AM, "Mac Smith" <macsmith.us at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing a udp multicast stream (mpeg2 transport stream) using the
following command

> mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau udp://239.1.1.1:1234
>

> It plays well but when it starts, it waits for 4-5 seconds after a message
"TS file format detected." I googled and found that adding a "-demuxer"
option would solve the problem, so i added "-demuxer +mpegts", it improved
only by 0.5 seconds, if i add "-demuxer mpeges" than its a very very quick
start but the video is very very bad.

> It looks like mplayer checks something from the stream, how can i skip all
this checks to do a quick play.