[MPlayer-users] Green lines creep into b/w video

Ken Bass daytooner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 01:00:30 CEST 2011

I have a DVD rip of an old movie (1935 "A Midsummer Night's Dream"). The
original movie was filmed in B/W.

When I play the video, It starts fine, but horizontal green lines creep in,
then after a few seconds, the image gets "reset" and the lines go away, but
slowly start to creep back.Maybe something to do with interlacing and/or
syncing? I am no expert. so that is why I am asking this here :-).

FWIW, I have read that when the film was transferred to DVD, they did
little, if any, restoration.

Any ideas about this? In particular, how to get rid of these lines.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a great classic, and I would love
to watch a clean version of it.

TIA

ken