[MPlayer-users] Help with 32bit mplayer

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Sun Sep 18 19:55:54 CEST 2011

On 9/18/11 10:55 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Deron Kazmaier<deron<at>  pagestream.org>  writes:
>
>> I'm running 11.04 64bit Ubuntu using a custom build 32bit version of
>> mplayer so I can play Apple ProRes files.
> That works now without binary decoder with --disable-libopencore_amrnb
> --disable-libopencore_amrwb (if you have libopencore development libraries
> installed, if you don't have them, ./configure is enough) on both 32 and 64bit
> systems.
>
> Before anybody asks: The FFmpeg ProRes decoder and libopencore* are
> license-incompatible, and cannot be compiled and distributed together in a
> MPlayer binary.
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks!

Reimar Döffinger told me about the new functionality, and I have
compiled it up and I am testing it now. However, it appears to drop a
lot of frames when outputting a 720p 59.94fps file. I'm still an mplayer
noob, but it looks at least in part that the decklink video driver is
outputting 50fps. I'm fearful that the new ProRes code is not optimized
enough to keep up, but this is a capable computer (2 x 2.67 Xeon with no
other resource hog). Here is the output initially (extra frame lates
omitted. They come fast and furious).

So what functionality is in the libopencore that will be missing, and
since the ProRes is newly written code by "Elvis Presley", could "The
King" be asked to change the license to make it compatible?

Thanks again for your help!

Deron

mplayer /work/davinci.mov -vo decklink -ao decklink
MPlayer SVN-r34110-4.5.2 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

Playing /work/davinci.mov.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: video (prores), -vid 0
[lavf] stream 1: audio (pcm_s24le), -aid 0, -alang eng
VIDEO:  [apch]  1280x720  24bpp  59.940 fps  217638.5 kbps (26567.2 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
  major_brand: qt
  minor_version: 537199360
  compatible_brands: qt
  creation_time: 2011-09-07 05:11:53
Load subtitles in /work/
Requested video codec family [qtprores] (vfm=qtvideo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffprores] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg ProRes, GPL v2 only)
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s24le, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->288000)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
Failed to initialize audio driver 'decklink'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
[swscaler @ 0xc95160]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv422p10le to uyvy422 using MMX2
VO: [decklink] 1280x720 => 1280x720 Packed UYVY
[decklink] Selected display mode: HD 720p 50
V:   0.6   0/  0 113% 46%  0.0% 0 0
[decklink] Frame late
V:   0.7   0/  0 113% 45%  0.0% 0 0
[decklink] Frame late