[MPlayer-users] Help with 32bit mplayer

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Mon Sep 19 17:00:48 CEST 2011

As a short a short review, I am trying to use the brand-spanking new
FFmpeg ProRes decoder outputting to the "beta" Blackmagic DeckLink card.
I am having a great deal of success, but it is not 100% yet.

I had to modify the Blackmagic DeckLink driver to output 59.94FPS
instead of whatever came up, and I still need to work out some way to
pass which card to use (I happen to have 2, and the output device is the
second one :-) but I've hard coded my copy for now. That is a problem
for another day that may best be served in the dev list.

Using other video files, the DeckLink driver seems to work fine. Video
and Audio at 720p 59.94FPS and 48khz 16bit stereo audio seems work just
fine. But when using the ProRes decoder and a ProRes file, it is
dropping frames and suppressing audio. I'm sure it is 2 different
issues, and I hope someone here can help me.

Here is the output from the command: mplayer /work/davinci.mov -vo
decklink -ao decklink

Any suggestions what I can do to fix these problems? Thanks!

Deron

MPlayer SVN-r34110-4.5.2 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

Playing /work/davinci.mov.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: video (prores), -vid 0
[lavf] stream 1: audio (pcm_s24le), -aid 0, -alang eng
VIDEO:  [apch]  1280x720  24bpp  59.940 fps  217638.5 kbps (26567.2 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
  major_brand: qt
  minor_version: 537199360
  compatible_brands: qt
  creation_time: 2011-09-07 05:11:53
Load subtitles in /work/
Requested video codec family [qtprores] (vfm=qtvideo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffprores] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg ProRes, GPL v2 only)
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s24le, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->288000)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
Failed to initialize audio driver 'decklink'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
[swscaler @ 0xc95160]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv422p10le to uyvy422 using MMX2
VO: [decklink] 1280x720 => 1280x720 Packed UYVY
[decklink] Selected display mode: HD 720p 59.94
V:   0.6   0/  0 113% 46%  0.0% 0 0
[decklink] Frame late
V:   0.7   0/  0 113% 45%  0.0% 0 0
[decklink] Frame late