[MPlayer-users] Help with ProRes/Decklink (was: Help with 32bit mplayer)

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Mon Sep 19 20:35:58 CEST 2011

On 9/19/11 12:18 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 09:00:48AM -0600, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
>> Failed to initialize audio driver 'decklink'
>> Could not open/initialize audio device ->  no sound.
>> Audio: no sound
> That means the ao refuses to accept the input. That is extremely
> unlikely to be an issue anywhere but in the ao code.
> Maybe the audio being 24 bit causes issues?

That could be it. I'll dig around and see. Can mplayer resample?

>> V:   0.6   0/  0 113% 46%  0.0% 0 0
> While those numbers should be taken with a grain of salt,
> it means that decoding alone already is slower than realtime
> and the decklink vo code on it own also uses half of the CPU
> time available for real-time.

So that is what those numbers (roughly) indicate!

Ok, so I can at least show a proof of concept to my friend, is it
possible to decode to a raw file and then play that back? I don't want
to reencode to another format for quality issues, but I expected two new
chunks of code to be unoptimized speed wise.

Thanks for your help! At least now I know where to start looking in the
documentation!!

Deron