[MPlayer-users] Hich cpu uceage

Peter Christy christy at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 18:20:32 CEST 2011

Thanks, Tom, that was very helpful!

The one bit of documentation I forgot to supply was my mplayer config:

 ### Video Drivers ###
vo=vdpau
#vo=vaapi:deint=2

### Audio Driver option ###
ao=alsa:device=hw=1.0

### Display Options ###
fs=yes
stop-xscreensaver=yes

which I pinched from my netbook, hence the commented out vaapi line. I was
half-way there!

I have now added a vc= line as suggested, and the cpu useage has dropped to
2%! Quite an improvement!

I'm still getting the sds errors, which is a bit worrying, but it all seems to
be running reasonably smoothly now!

One other question: Is the vc= line necessary for vaapi? I'm not using it on
my netbook, and it seems to be running OK, but any improvements would be
appreciated!

I just wish the developers would incorporate the vaapi patches properly, as
the splitted-desktop mplayer is quite long in the tooth now!

Thanks again for your help!

--
Pete
christy at atglobal.net