[MPlayer-users] Can mplayer reconnect to lirc after suspend to RAM?

Marc MERLIN marc_mplayer at merlins.org
Mon Sep 26 19:56:18 CEST 2011

I suspend my HTPC to ACPI S3 sleep.

When I resume, mythtv is able to talk to lirc again, but a currently running
mplayer session loses its socket to lirc and isn't able to recover without
being restarted:

This is what happens when I resume:

O: [xv] 1280x528 => 1280x528 Planar YV12  [fs] [zoom]
Lirc error :(   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Error while reading command file descriptor 3: Resource temporarily
unavailable
[AO_ALSA] Pcm in suspend mode, trying to resume.
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:709:(snd_pcm_hw_resume) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_RESUME
failed: Function not implemented
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:628:(snd_pcm_hw_pause) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_PAUSE
failed: File descriptor in bad state
[AO_ALSA] pcm resume error: File descriptor in bad state
[AO_ALSA] Pcm in suspend mode, trying to resume.
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:709:(snd_pcm_hw_resume) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_RESUME
failed: Function not implemented
[AO_ALSA] Write error: Function not implemented
[AO_ALSA] Trying to reset soundcard.

In other words, everything resets properly, except the connection to lirc.

That machine currently has SVN-r34027-4.4.3.
Is this still a known/current problem, and if so is there a fix/workaround
other than having to restart mplayer?
Otherwise, is this fixed in a newer version if I upgrade that box?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/