[MPlayer-users] DVD Vob files

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Sep 28 11:55:32 CEST 2011

> I always thought according to the DvD standard, that for each title in
> the DvD, a VOB file must exists for it, example: VTS_<TITLE>_XX.VOB.

No. The number in that mentioned name describes the *title set* , not a
title. A DVD can have one or more title sets, each can consist of one or
more titles. So a DVD needs to have at least as many VTS_XX_1.VOB files
as it has title sets. No VOB file can be larger than 1GByte, so the
title set continues in files VTS_XX_2.VOB, VTS_XX_3.VOB,... if it is
larger than 1GB.

 From the file list you can not determine how many titles a DVD has,
only the number of title sets.

> Is there any way for me to ask Mplayer in what VOB files a given Title is in?

A title can be only a part of a VOB file, or it can span accross many
VOB files. So there would be little use for that information, actually.

Greets,
Kiste