[MPlayer-users] Mplayer GUI the mouse pointer wont disappear in fullscreen

Giorgio mywing81 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 21:38:15 CEST 2011

2011/9/30 Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de>:
> xeonitlinux wrote on Fri, 30 Sep 2011 03:26:04 +0200:
>
>> Hello, today i have install the new svn version of mplayer and i have
>> noticed that the mouse pointer wont disappear in fullscreen with the
>> Mplayer GUI. I use the xv driver also the vdpau, in both the mouse pininter
>> wont disappear.
>
> What exactly are you doing and how do you call gmplayer?
>
> Changes have been made recently to give mouse pointer control to the GUI, so
> that it now can hide the pointer during playback (which works with me).

Ingo,

sorry if I jump in, but I've noticed this change as well. To reproduce
the problem:

1) play a video with gmplayer like this:  gmplayer video.avi
2) press 'f' to go fullscreen -> notice that the cursor is hidden at this point
3) move the mouse -> the cursor appears again
4) wait a second or two -> the cursor _don't_ disappear
5) if you press a key (for example 'P') the cursor hides again

I've also noticed that mplayer is not affected by this regression,
only gmplayer is. I hope this helps.

Giorgio Vazzana