[MPlayer-users] Rotating a video by 180 degree ...

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:16:44 CEST 2012

On 15.04.2012 11:20, Mathieu Westphal wrote:
> I'm quite sure it is impossible to do without reencoding.
>
> Anyway i don't know if it's even possible.
>
> Mathieu
>
> On 04/14/2012 05:30 PM, meino.cramer at gmx.de wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a H.264 coded video (1280*720) and want to rotate upside down
>> (180 degree) "physically" (= not as an display option).
>>
>> How can I do this with minimum impact on video quality - best would
>> be without reencoding at all...

:~$ mplayer -vf-add flip moviefile.mov

will flip movie upside down during playback, and if permanently wanted
it could be used with mencoder during re-encode.

If it's camera movie and it's 90deg rotated then:

:~$ mplayer -vf-add rotate=4 moviefile.mov

does 90deg clockwise rotation + flip, when movie geometry is portrait only.

See:
:~$ man mplayer |grep -A10 -e 'flip (also see -flip)' -e 'rotate'

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/