[MPlayer-users] bugs when displaying album art for mp3, m4a files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Aug 3 18:29:38 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 01:02:15AM +0000, Zongyao Qu wrote:
> I posted a report about this days before,
> but when I read it today I found it so hard to understand,
> even by myself. I will refine it.

Actually I understood it, I just didn't have time.
I think several things go wrong:
1) I am not sure ffmpeg shouldn't set a more sane pts value for the
video
2) If the video pts is NOPTS_VALUE, MPlayer should choose the audio
one instead

Obviously -novideo should be a workaround to get back to the old
behaviour.
Though for more robustness it might make sense to also check the
stream_time_pos property, in case that works better.
Otherwise maybe you could test attached patch for me?