[MPlayer-users] Playing a file being downloaded until the end

Maximo Ramos Capillo maximoramos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:17:08 CEST 2012

Hi!

Until a few months ago I was able to play a file being downloaded by
wget/youtube-dl/rtmpdump, but not anymore.

To make myself clear, while a file is being downloaded and reaches -let's
say- 10MB, at that moment I launch mplayer and it plays fine ONLY the 10MB
and discards the rest of the file, even though it may have been completed
by that time.

Searching the mailing list I found this post with no replies:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-February/004845.html

This other post got a reply (mplaying with mplayer -cache 128 - <
stream.dump) but it just doesn't work.

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-May/007861.html

I am using the precompiled version of atrpms.net:

mplayer-1.0-90_snap20120311.fc16.i686 (MPlayer SVN-r34807-snapshot-4.6.2
(C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Maximo