[MPlayer-users] Playing a 2 frame mpeg2 test stream only outputs first frame.

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 22 22:47:43 CEST 2012

I am trying to play this two frame compliance test stream, but I can
only get to see the first frame whatever I try.

http://andyfurniss.entadsl.com/tcela-17.bits

I have tried many different ways and don't think console output will
help, but will include one if requested.

-speed 0.01 [-demuxer lavf] -vo gl/xv/x11/vdpau [-nodouble]

all just display the first frame.

-vo png does produce two pngs but they are both of the first frame.

I know there really are two different frames as

ffmpeg -i tcela-17.bits out%d.png

works OK and produces different pngs, ffplay also works.

The real reason I want to use mplayer is to test r600 mpeg2 vdpau decode
- so the fact ffmpeg works isn't any use (unless I missed a way ffplay
can be made to use ffmpeg12vdpau and play in slow motion)

Andy.