[MPlayer-users] how to make mplayer to drop all p and b frames ?

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:00:17 CEST 2012

On 23.08.2012 20:25, lean fu wrote:

> i tried to play 720p rmvb or mkv  videos on an android phone which with
>  600Mhz arm processor,most of time ,
> the picture nearly totally stop to refresh,and the strange thing is audio
> can always keep smooth,i tested
> " -framedrop,lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=all ..." in slave mode, but seems
> nothing get better,and picture become worse.
>
> I want mplayer only demux files and skip all decoding steps  of  p and b
> frames until the next I frame come,another words,try it best to catch the
> audio,
> i can accept picture loss,but can't accept picture seems complete  stop,how
> can i do this ?, any rely is appreciated!

First - there is no MPlayer on Android but MPlayer fork for Android, so
ask author of the fork

but...

Secondly - 600MHz Android phone/tablet is too slow to play more
complicated formats as H264 with profile greater than BASELINE (anything
that have B-frames are no go) or RMVB (which is totally about B-frames
and variable frame rate for extra).

I personally convert videos to either H264 BASELINE profile or to XviD
NOQPEL, NOGMC for playback on my HTC Magic 518MHz (formally 528MHz, but
latest kernel I'm using haven't have such frequency in it's freq table).

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/